Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunshine in the Redwoods!


Sorry it's been awhile since I've been able to post. But my mom went out of town and Davey's computer didn't work. So I couldn't keep everyone updated on my adventures!

As soon as mom got back, we went for a fabulous hike at the Redwood Regional Park. It was great!! The weather here is finally sunny again (but I guess mom says it's way worse back home)...

We went on my favorite hike-west ridge to the french trail, linking back up to the west ridge. This is the BEST hike because all the way down it's tricky and steep... there are lots of tree roots to jump over and rocks to dodge. It's windy and twisty and FUN! Then at the bottom... it looks like prehistoric times! Big ferns and giant redwood trees. It's also nice and cool, and there's a little stream that perfect to cool my belly and paws in. (Though mom doesn't like it when I do that so much)

On the way up... it's all uphill! Perfect for ball fetching and running. Mom doesn't run, though. I think the hiking is enough for her. (Sometimes I forget that she has only 2 legs, not four!)

No comments: